about this Blog

After I (more or less) finished my 1966 Volkswagen Fastback the "Volksback", it was time for another challenge, here it is!

Freitag, 7. März 2014

body to pan installation

... it is comming together!
Today I bolted the body onto the pan, after I inserted the bakelite heater channel pipe - of course with a new seal!
first of all I used body sealer and rust protection on the edge I fixed a while ago:

the heater channel pipe - with new seal:

afterwards I coated the area with some underseal and attached the pipe:


next topic: body to pan hardware installation:

right side finished (note the perfect, rust free, original heater channels!)

screws and hardware to fix the body onto the front axle beam (steering column connected as well):

lower front screws attached:

left side, finished as well:



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen