about this Blog

After I (more or less) finished my 1966 Volkswagen Fastback the "Volksback", it was time for another challenge, here it is!

Sonntag, 30. März 2014

engine assembly, again

no big news, but some info regarding the stuff I used on the lifters and the cam surface:

I found a fuel pump block off plate, deep in my parts stash - I am still undecided if I use the mechanical VW pump or an electric one...

Later this week: short block assembly!

Oh - of course I was at the Techno Classica in Essen, the biggest classic cars show on earth - according to the organizers...
All I can say, it is not cheap to go there, the prizes for classic cars are unreal and it is more and more a meeting for the "rich and famous" - unfortunately!
I still found a few parts, but almost all of the VW part dealers are not there any more, strictly Porsche, Mercedes, Ferrari and other high class classics...
Here is what I found:
a new cushion for my car jack, a 38mm socket with 3/4" drive, a new coil and some electric stuff.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen