about this Blog

After I (more or less) finished my 1966 Volkswagen Fastback the "Volksback", it was time for another challenge, here it is!

Dienstag, 25. März 2014

... more assembly pics

Here is the marking on the Schleicher cam:
RO248.7 = which equals 296°; 9 mm lift

set up of axial play measurement: 

current reading is 0,12mm - but it wasn't torqued to the max, so I expect ~0,1 axial play

another -very easy- job was to add a missing bolt for the oil strainer plate:
(of course loctite'd)

 result:

In the meantime I test-fitted the housing and internals several times, the next step is to finally bolt the halfs together, using the correct sealant. Porsche recommends Loctite 574, so I will use this, too. If it is good enough for a Porsche it should be just right for my VW as well ;-)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen