about this Blog

After I (more or less) finished my 1966 Volkswagen Fastback the "Volksback", it was time for another challenge, here it is!

Freitag, 5. September 2014

frustrating, bad spare parts quality ...

I am already used to find a lot of junk whenever I want to buy spares for aircooled VW's.
The latest addition to my list of crap is a reflector for the tail light - the dealer claims it is a VEWIB part - but I don't think so... I was always under the impression that VEWIB cares about quality, take a look:

first impression: not too bad

but: mounting tab too wide -almost 1,5mm to 2 mm

 measurement between the domes: original part: 48,90 mm

spare part:  measurement between the domes: almost 53 mm

as a result it doesn't even fit in the housing!

on top of that, the mounting tab - which should be Z-shaped is crooked

So it is a useless piece of junk which I send back to the dealer!
I really don't get the point, Someone invests a lot of time and money to set-up a stamping tool and when he reaches 70% archievement he just stops and sells this shit?!?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen