about this Blog

After I (more or less) finished my 1966 Volkswagen Fastback the "Volksback", it was time for another challenge, here it is!

Samstag, 14. Februar 2015

Instrument panel finished + some electric finesse

Finally, the dashboard is finished, besides the original speedometer I added a 80mm VDO tach on the left, a 52mm VDO oil pressure gauge and a 52mm VDO oil pressure temperature gauge on the right :


The grille inserts had to be repainted with wrinkle finish paint before installation, which came out great! As they were a freebie when my friend Ralf bought some stuff in Herford it was no big deal to invest some elbow grease!

Now, on the rear lights. As the fenders are made of plastic, there is no ground connection. So I modified the rear reflectors with an additional ground.
I removed one of the rivets which connects the upper and lower part of the reflector and replaced it with a 3mm screw: (left side: original rivet; right side M3 button head screw)

 
 

In the back I added a 6,3 mm spade connector for an extra ground connection:

A drop of loctite will safely secure the spade and nut from rattling loose.
 This should give trouble free lighting for the Streaker!

1 Kommentar: