about this Blog

After I (more or less) finished my 1966 Volkswagen Fastback the "Volksback", it was time for another challenge, here it is!

Samstag, 21. März 2015

Let there be light!

I finally took the challenge of installing the light buckets into the front fenders!
The pre-owner installed them in a funny way, they were not protected from the inner side of the fender and the chrome rings were riveted onto the fender!
I tried to do better, so I cut out chunks of the fender to make the repro VW light buckets fit:

This is the old hack job:
The outer line marks the contour of the chrome ring, the inner line is a rough estimate how much material had to go.

Mock-up of the light bucket and chrome ring:

Chrome ring fitment is good enough for a Streaker:

Light bucket in the final position:

For the first time in years: Headlights!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen