about this Blog

After I (more or less) finished my 1966 Volkswagen Fastback the "Volksback", it was time for another challenge, here it is!

Dienstag, 6. Oktober 2015

Not only for sunshine!

Unlike my Fastback, the Streaker should be useable all year round, so a working heater and blower system is required. Today I had to learn that all vents for the dahboard are different between the "naked" steel dashboard and the padded dash, so another trip to Hoffmann Speedster in Viersen was necessary:

another + 100 Euro for some chicken shit!

In order to install the vents correct, I had to remove the windshield:
(which I had to do anyway...) + the windshield wiper mechanism + the blower ...

... but it was worth the work, now all of the smaller cardboard pipework is installed and the water drain for the blower motor as well!

Tomorrow the windscreen will go back onto the Streaker...

Oh, I also installed a control light for the accessory lights:
 It is missing the symbol, but this will be done tomorrow as well!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen