about this Blog

After I (more or less) finished my 1966 Volkswagen Fastback the "Volksback", it was time for another challenge, here it is!

Donnerstag, 3. Dezember 2015

Mission TÜV -almost- accomplished!

Today was the second and final inspection to finally get the H-registration for the Streaker.
All modifications and updates were well appreciated and I will receive all paperwork soon.
One of the things to do today was the weight check:

front axle:


rear axle:

+ the fuel weight = 850 kg

Other modifications which were required:  Add an additional baffle insert

perforated steel pipe with glasspack ("db-eater", made for Harley aftermarket exhausts)
(note modified diameter on the left side for a snug fit into the EMPI exhaust) 


inserted into the exhaust

 fully seated:
This did the trick, I passed the decibel- emission test this time!

The engine number was not visible - as it is a Type 3 block, so I had to add the engine number in the "Type 1 location", below the generator stand  as well:
Luckily I had this old pic from the engine assembly:


The new seats were o.k., too.
Funilly enough I met the same guy as last time again - He had to install a MSS central filter set-up instead of the K&N filters to quiteten down his Weber carbs - he also passed today!
So, happy end for the both of us!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen