about this Blog

After I (more or less) finished my 1966 Volkswagen Fastback the "Volksback", it was time for another challenge, here it is!

Donnerstag, 17. März 2016

1-2-3 Ignition + electrical gremlins


The 1-2-3 Ignition is installed, the engine still didn't run perfect, so I checked the resistance of the ignition wires - Surprise: 1 (brand new) wire was defect!
I changed it and again, it was better but still not perfect. Some tweaking on the carburetor and now it is halfway decent...
The next day I started the Streaker - which is perfect with the 1-2-3 ignition - and after about 2 km I was distracted by this:

Generator / charging light went full on! I exchanged the regulator (without checking anything else) but it didn't help! Later I found out that the brush springs on the generator were a little tired, I cleaned and tuned the brushes and now it works perfect again!

1 Kommentar: