about this Blog

After I (more or less) finished my 1966 Volkswagen Fastback the "Volksback", it was time for another challenge, here it is!

Samstag, 10. Oktober 2015

Problem found - and almost solved

As the TÜV check wasn't possible on Friday - I was really p!ssed off by the fact that I couldn't make it - I spent my Friday with the family, not thinking a single moment about the Streaker.
Today, I thought about the possible failures and it was obvious the motor was running way to rich. On idle it died after a few seconds and only in higher rev's (from about 2.500) it ran, but sputtered.
So, there wasn't enough air in the air /fuel mixture and the carburator had to be adjusted. A Solex PICT3 has 2 screws to adjust the idle: The air bypass regulating screw and the idle air mixture regulating screw. After some tweaking it is now at least running - maybe it won't pass a smog test, but it runs! Unfortunately I don't have a set of number plates to street-test it, but maybe in the next week I may be lucky and somebody can borrow his plates...

I think it might be a good idea to let a pro check and adjust the carb. Then another TÜV attempt will be scheduled...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen