about this Blog

After I (more or less) finished my 1966 Volkswagen Fastback the "Volksback", it was time for another challenge, here it is!

Donnerstag, 8. Oktober 2015

When the sh!t hits the fan...

I spent all day to tidy everyting up for the TÜV - which was planned for tomorrow, but the engine doesn't run good, it sputters and has no idle...
I had to drive like this to the wheel alignment service, but this is definately not good!
I exchanged everything from carburator, ignition coil, distributor, fuel pump, checked the filters and everything else, but no luck!

The spark plugs were matte black, a clear sign for to rich fuel mixture, but I don't think this is the only cause.

So, I have to step back think about what could be cause, fix it and try again...

1 Kommentar:

  1. Das wäre auch zu einfach ....
    Wenn ein Plan, einfach mal so aufgeht.
    Good luck vor the Fehlersuche ....

    Ralli

    AntwortenLöschen