about this Blog

After I (more or less) finished my 1966 Volkswagen Fastback the "Volksback", it was time for another challenge, here it is!

Dienstag, 21. Mai 2013

steering box: the final

As mentioned earlier, I threaded the holes in the cover with M10 - but didn't find appropriate plugs, so I made my own.
A standard M6 allen screw has a 10mm head diameter, so I cut a M10 thread into the head, cut off the M6 thread and had perfect plugs! A little loctite -> done!






Wie bereits erwähnt, hatte ich die Bohrungen im Deckel mit M10 Gewinde versehen, habe aber keine passenden Stopfen gefunden, also habe ich selber welche gemacht.
Eine M6 Zylinderkopfschraube hat einen Kopf mit 10 mm Durchmesser - also: M10 Gewinde auf den Kopf schneiden und das M6 Gewinde abtrennen. Fertig ist der Stopfen! Etwas Loctite 'dran und schon sind die Löcher "gestopft"

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen