about this Blog

After I (more or less) finished my 1966 Volkswagen Fastback the "Volksback", it was time for another challenge, here it is!

Dienstag, 8. Mai 2018

Sold!

Sold - Because I was a teenager in the 80's this reminds me of the solo debut of  Boy George after his former band "Culture Club" was history in 1987 - check out the video I found on youtube: :




But it actually means that the Volksstreaker is sold and moves on to a new home! During the Maikäfertreffen I advertised the car. There were several guys I talked to about the car, but one guy in particular was very interested and we had a long conversation, followed by a test drive and of course a hint to check out a link to this blog - which is basically the diary of the car. One day later during a long phone call a deal was struck and today was the day! The Streaker has a new owner and a long and interesting journey comes to an end! A Hazard Streaker has been on my bucket list since I was about 15 years old and a neighbors daughter had a black Hazard Streaker.
As every cloud has a silver lining - first of all I am sure the new owner is exactly the right person - and there are some funds for a future project!
Oh, did I mention about the photo session with Volkswagen Magazine during the MKT? So, maybe there will be another entry to this blog with a link to a VW website - I am already a little excited!

1 Kommentar: